If you are getting married, you have to fill in a notice of marriage, regardless of where the wedding will take place.

Notice of marriage (English)
Notice of marriage (German)

Once the notice of marriage has been approved, a certificate of marital status will be issued, which you must submit to the authority conducting the wedding.

The certificate of marital status is free of charge, if you are a resident or a citizen of the Nordic countries. Otherwise it costs 500 kr.

Get more information by calling Centre for Citizen Service & Payments at tel. 43 68 68 68 or using email: