Driver's license

Residents from outside of the EU/EEA must exchange their license within 90 days

If you have permanent residence in Denmark and a driver's license issued in a country outside of the EU/EEA, you must exchange your foreign driver's license for a Danish one within 90 days. Otherwise you are not allowed to drive a vehicle in Denmark.

If you wish to exchange your driver's license for a Danish driver's license, please make an appointment at City Hall by calling tel. 43 68 68 68.

Bring the documents needed

In order to get a licens you must bring:

  • A medical certificate issued by your own general practitioner in Denmark
  • A passport photo
  • Your driver's license
  • ID: Passport or your original certificate of baptism or birth certificate as well as photo identification.
  • If you are not a Danish or Nordic citizen, please bring a valid residence permit (or residence certificate if you are an EU citizen)

Learn more about exchanging your license at