Did you know that:
- It takes less than 20 minutes from Albertslund to Copenhagen by S-train.
- Over 60% of Albertslund is covered by forests and green areas.Albertslund has 4 elementary schools and 17 day care institutions.
- Over 75% of the food in day care institutions is organic.
- 70% of all first grade pupils in Albertslund either cycle or walk to and from school.
- Albertslund has a brand new library, designed by Henning Larsen Architects.
- Every week 1,350 children, young people and adults take classes at the Albertslund Music School in everything from baby bongo to big band.
- Albertslund has its own symphony orchestra.
- Forbrændingen is a regional music venue where you can hear established artists and upcoming bands.
- MusikTeatret is Zealand´s largest cultural centre with a concert and theatre hall and two modern cinemas.
- Open air swimming pool Badesøen in Albertslund is the most beautiful open air swimming pool in Northern Europe. There you can swim, take a ride on the water slide, play beach volleyball, street basketball, mini golf etc.
- The organic petting farm Toftegården is a small haven, an idyllic country setting for local children to visit.
- There are over 300 associations in Albertslund.In 2007 Albertslund became the first environmentally certified municipality in Denmark.
- Albertslund was appointed Nordic Energy Municipality 2011 thanks to urban development with climate considerations - the development of solutions for energy efficient renovation of homes.